I am a 30 yr old man. I have injured my knee during a sudden turn while playing football 5 weeks ago. THe MRI findings are mentioned below:-
- Complete disruption of LCL with edema superficial & deep to the torn fibers
- Bone contusion involving tibial palteau & right femoral condyle
- Grade III tear in anterior horn of lateral meniscus reaching articular surface
- Interstitial edema in the ACL. No tear seen.
- Mild intra articular effusion is noted.
My doctor has suggested conservative treatment for LCL. Since my Lachman Test was positive & there is edema in ACL, he is also suspecting an ACL tear. He wants to review after 6 weeks before he finally takes a call on ACL reconstruction. Another doctor has suggested surgery for meniscus tear.
Presently I am exercising as suggested by my doc for my hamstrings & quadriceps. Initially for 2-3 weeks i have used a knee brace. Now i use it for walking in the streets as my knee is still not stable enough.
Kindly suggest. I am confused which surgery is supposed to be done. And why LCL disruption was treated conservatively.
My knee is not locked as I can straighten & fold completely. 100% folding is not yet possible because of the pain experienced. But I have achieved 90% while doing the knee bending exercise.
I am a not sports professional. But I participate sometime is football, badminton, TT & I am an active trekker / mountaineer.
Asked by rupak16 - 0 answers - 7 years 21 weeks ago